The global language that amalgamates the universe and the culture is English. Presently this language has evolved as the language of education, technology and business. The undergraduate program – B.A English Literature, aims in creating a journey of determination in creating windows of opportunities that last lifetime. The Department of English envisions the exceptional prospects of procuring wisdom that includes a range of classic and current literature, language, linguistic, political, psychological and social issues which prevail in the society.
The students are trained to acquire communicative skills along with the knowledge about varied social and national values obtained from the study of literature written in English around the globe. It offers an academic environment of quality education which imbibes essential and universal values found in life and literature. The discipline offers a plethora of opportunities to the budding minds to learn and to think creatively and critically. This program aids in inculcating the values and primes the holistic development of the young minds leading them towards a communal lifestyle and comradeship.
- Duration of the B.A English Literature program is three years and has Semester wise Examination Category.
- Pass in 10+2 with minimum 50% marks or equivalent.
- Candidates should have passed class 10+2 with minimum 50% marks from any recognized education board.
- Candidates should be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission and the upper age limit is 25 years.
An English literature aspirant has numerous career openings in corporate as well as media field. The various opportunities are such as listed below:
- English lecturers or professors in different universities and institutes across the country.
- A broad range of jobs in BPOs with decent salaries.
- A graduation in English Literature helps to qualify in civil services examination.
- Academic Librarian
- Advertising Copywriter
- Arts Administrator
- Education Consultant
- Information Officer
- Learning Mentor
- Marketing Executive
- Media Researcher
- Public Relations Officer
- Records Manager
- Social Media Manager
- English Translator
- Junior Parliamentary Reporter
- English Content Writer
- Customer Support Executive